Senior Accountant (m/w/d) 100 %
Established in 1985, IPS offers competent and high-quality staff leasing and staff recruitment solutions. With our expert consultants, who have thorough experience in recruiting for the life sciences industry, we count the top global pharmaceutical organisations in Switzerland as our clients.
We close the gap!
For an international pharmaceutical company located in Fribourg we are looking for a
Senior Accountant (m/w/d) 100 %
- Provide accounting and closing skills to ensure accurate accounts and timely reporting of the Company
- Ensure high quality of financial data and guarantee compliance to Group and BU Reporting Standards as well as statutory requirements
- Business partner with designated Local Business Units to ensure that business objectives are met through provision of timely, accurate and relevant financial information
Accounting & Reporting
- Support preparation of monthly financial closing according to IFRS and local legal requirements including the financial reporting in the Novartis Reporting software FCRS
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of adequate accounting records to meet local legal requirements and Company required standards
- Adoption of new accounting standards and new requirements according to the Company Accounting Manual (NAM)
- Coordination with the Company stakeholders to ensure accurate financial data (Local Finance organization, NVS Consolidation and Reporting team, Group treasury, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Full balance sheet accounts reconciliations and balance sheet reviews with local and divisional stakeholders as well as ensure timely cleanup of overdue items.
- Deal under control with tax advisors and tax authorities to handle tax requirements such as VAT, etc.
- Preparation and processing of General Ledger transactions. Review and approval of General Ledger transactions prepared by GL Accountants.
Compliance and Internal Control
- Maintain a “strong and no exception” control environment
- Assist with specific tax, compliance and audit reporting processes and for the entity, providing necessary data to internal and external authorities, and acting as a FSC point of contact for stakeholders for questions about reporting and/or compliance processes or results
- Ensure compliance with the Company Financial Control Manual and SOX 404 through maintenance of relevant FRA internal controls, reconciliations, documentation management (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Setup/maintenance of the local chart of accounts/master data and cost center hierarchy in the ERP systems SAP/JDE in collaboration with the affiliate and the GL Manager.
- Support finance related process changes to achieve best practice by proactively identifying gaps to standards, initiating and formulating change projects with IT and Finance management
Change Management / Projects
- Support FRA initiatives and projects led by other departments or sites.
- Cooperation with other business units in driving X-Bus efficiencies and standardization
- Education: Accounting/ Economics diploma or degree
- Languages: + 5 or more years of experience in similar role, knowledge and practice of IFRS, knowledge of local tax (Income tax/VAT), knowledge of SAP/JDE, good communication skills
- Experience: Fluent in English (and local language), both written and spoken
- Type: Temporary
- Localization: Fribourg
- Activity Rate: 100%
- Starting date: ASAP
- End date: 01/2022
We look forward to your application via our homepage.